These vegan lettuce wraps are full of spicy, delicious flavor and perfect for game day, appetizers at home, or an easy plant based dinner.
I absolutely love spicy foods and nothing beats the combination of buffalo sauce paired with crispy refreshing lettuce and ranch dressing. I've made this dish countless times for friends and family and it's a winner every single time.
I am always on the lookout for a good vegan recipe with cauliflower. It is such an incredible vegetable that easily takes on the flavor of whatever dressing, herbs, or spices that it is seasoned with. That's why it's the perfect replacement for chicken in so many different vegan recipes.
Cauliflower: I like to buy a large head of organic cauliflower. Chop and rinse the entire thing and set aside whatever you don't use for a snack or another recipe.
Lettuce: You'll want to use Butter lettuce (sometimes called Bibb or Boston lettuce) for your wraps. This article is really helpful in explaining the best types of lettuce to use.
Red Cabbage and Celery: These fresh veggies are used to give us a nice crispy, crunchy addition to the recipe. They are extra refreshing and offset the spiciness.
Buffalo Sauce: There are so many delicious plant-based buffalo sauce options that you can find at the grocery store. You can also make your own at home!
Vegan Ranch Dressing: This is an important part of the overall recipe to help cool the dish down from all of the spice. Add a drizzle on top right before serving.
Seasoning: I use a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder. This helps give the flavor a major boost while cooking.
Try some of my new plant-based recipes!
Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon vegan ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425o
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and toss in a large bowl with the olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and toss in buffalo sauce. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Arrange the buffalo cauliflower in your lettuce wraps along with the shredded cabbage, celery, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.