This recipe for frozen air fried crispy crowns is quick and easy using just one ingredient and comes together in ten minutes. They are deliciously tender in the center and perfectly crispy & crunchy on the outside.
I love an easy air fryer recipe, especially when it only takes ten minutes!
These crispy frozen potatoes are the perfect addition to your breakfast, lunch, or even breakfast casserole.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan & Plant-Based: We only use one ingredient in this recipe and it's fully vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Gluten-Free: There is no wheat or gluten in this recipe.
- One Ingredient: If you need an easy recipe, this is the one for you. We only use ONE ingredient which makes things so simple.
- Ten Minute Recipe: No worries if time is an issue, this recipe takes just ten minutes.
Crispy Crowns: Grab your favorite brand of crispy crowns from the frozen foods section of the grocery store. You can use plain/unseasoned or a seasoned variety.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
Add flavors: You can add any spices or seasonings that you like best to these potatoes.
Some great recommendations would be garlic powder, salt (if not already salted), or paprika. If you're adding anything to the potatoes you'll want to add a little bit of olive oil to make the seasoning stick.
Make them spicy: Add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper along with a little olive oil to add some heat.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Assemble your ingredients and decide if you're adding anything extra at this time. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2: Once preheated, add the crispy crowns to the air fryer and cook them for about 8 minutes. Pause the air fryer halfway through cooking (about 4 minutes) to give them a little shake then return them to the air fryer to finish cooking.
Step 3: Remove them from the air fryer at the end of cooking and allow them to cool for a minute or two.
Step 4: Serve them on their own or dip them in your favorite sauce.
- Always preheat the air fryer. This helps bring the inside of the air fryer to the perfect temperature so your food will be cooked at the correct temperature for the correct amount of time.
- Add seasoning to spice things up. These air fryer tater crowns are delicious without any seasoning but it's easy to add flavor if you would like to. Simply toss the potatoes in a small amount of olive oil and add a dash of any seasoning you like best.
There are so many ways to enjoy these crispy crowns, these are some of my top recommendations:
- Enjoy them on their own
- Incorporate into a breakfast casserole
- Wrap them up in a breakfast burrito
- Use them as a base for nachos or as the base for "cheese fries"
- Add them to a taco for extra substance
Dipping Sauce Recommendations
These Ore Ida crispy crowns don't need anything extra to taste delicious. But if you're looking to serve them with sauce, these are my top choices:
- Honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Chili garlic sauce
- Sweet Thai chili sauce
- Hot sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
Simply preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then cook the crispy crowns for 7-8 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
If you want to make something crispier in the air fryer you can use a small amount of olive oil spray to lightly coat the food. This will help the outside get a little crispier without making it soggy.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Air Fryer Crispy Crowns
- Air Fryer
- 2 cups frozen crispy crowns
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Once preheated, arrange the crispy crowns in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees, pausing the air fryer and tossing the crispy crowns halfway through cooking.