This vegan cauliflower salad is loaded with fresh, plant-based ingredients and perfect for dinner any night of the week!
I am a huge fan of buffalo sauce and am always looking for a new vegan recipe with cauliflower.
This is one of the best cauliflower salad recipes in my opinion. I think that one of the best parts of the recipe is that it is a roasted cauliflower salad, rather than fried. So many delicious flavors are amplified during the roasting process that make this salad taste so delicious!
Ingredients and Easy Swaps
Cauliflower: This is a main staple in the recipe but if you aren't a huge cauliflower fan, you can swap it out for lightly roasted chickpeas instead.
Lettuce: I like to use a crunchy lettuce in this recipe like romaine hearts or a crisp green leaf lettuce, even an iceberg lettuce if that's your favorite.
Buffalo Sauce: I prefer medium heat but feel free to make yours more or less spicy.
Almond Milk: I use this plant-based milk as a lower calorie alternative to oil to coat the cauliflower in the breading process. You can use olive or avocado oil instead if you prefer.
Spices and Breadcrumbs: These are my personal preferences to give some extra flavor and texture to the cauliflower. See the paragraph below about making this recipe vegan and gluten-free!
Ranch Dressing: There are so many delicious options for vegan ranch. Check your local grocery store (don't forget to check the refrigerated section), or make one at home.
Celery and Red Cabbage: These ingredients are here for the crunch! This salad has great texture and these are great additions.
Tomato: You can use any type of tomato, just be sure to slice them into small bite-sized pieces.
Chickpeas: You can add chickpeas to this recipe to make a buffalo cauliflower and chickpea salad. It's a great way to add a little extra protein and substance to this spicy salad.
Make it Gluten-Free
This recipe is already a vegan cauliflower salad, but you can easily make it a vegan gluten free salad with one simple step.
Swap out your breadcrumbs for a gluten-free option and make sure that your buffalo sauce and ranch dressing are both vegan and gluten-free. The rest of the ingredients are fresh produce and spices and should be naturally free of gluten.
This plant based salad is best when eaten fresh but you absolutely have the option to save leftovers for later.
You'll want to store the cauliflower separately from the rest of the ingredients, and don't add the dressing until you're ready to eat. All ingredients should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you're looking for more vegan buffalo cauliflower recipes, be sure to try these next:
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- 3 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Start by washing all produce and preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in almond milk and then toss in the seasoning and bread crumbs. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, toss in buffalo sauce and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- While your cauliflower is roasting, prepare the rest of the produce according to the ingredient list.
- When the cauliflower has finished roasting, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Assemble your salad by adding all produce ingredients in a large serving dish followed by the buffalo cauliflower, and then add a drizzle of vegan ranch on top.