This recipe for buffalo cauliflower salad is loaded with fresh, plant-based ingredients and perfect for dinner any night of the week!
I’m a huge fan of buffalo sauce and always looking for a new vegan recipe with cauliflower. If you have the same spicy tastebuds as I do, be sure to check out my Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps and my Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich too!
This salad is delicious when it’s made fresh but also perfect for a yummy plant based meal prep as well. Simply store the buffalo cauliflower separate from the rest of the salad so it can be reheated before serving.
Ingredients and Easy Swaps
Cauliflower – This is a main staple in the recipe but if you aren’t a huge cauliflower fan, you can swap it out for lightly roasted chickpeas instead.
Lettuce – I like to use a crunchy lettuce in this recipe like romaine hearts or a crisp green leaf lettuce, even an iceberg lettuce if that’s your favorite.
Buffalo Sauce – I prefer medium heat but feel free to make yours more or less spicy.
Almond Milk – I use this plant-based milk as a lower calorie alternative to oil to coat the cauliflower in the breading process. You can use olive or avocado oil instead if you prefer.
Spices and Breadcrumbs – These are my personal preferences to give some extra flavor and texture to the cauliflower. See the paragraph below about making this recipe vegan and gluten-free!
Ranch Dressing – There are so many delicious options for vegan ranch. Check your local grocery store (don’t forget to check the refrigerated section), or make one at home. I love this recipe for homemade vegan ranch.
Celery and Red Cabbage – These ingredients are here for the crunch! This salad has great texture and these are great additions.
Tomato – Once again all about different textures.
Make it Gluten-Free
Just swap out your breadcrumbs to a gluten-free option and make sure that your buffalo sauce and ranch dressing are both vegan and gluten-free. The rest of the ingredients are fresh produce and spices and should be naturally free of gluten.
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- 3 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup paprika
- Start by washing all produce and preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in almond milk and then toss in the seasoning and bread crumbs. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, toss in buffalo sauce and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- While your cauliflower is roasting, prepare the rest of the produce according to the ingredient list.
- When the cauliflower has finished roasting, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Assemble your salad by adding all produce ingredients in a large serving dish followed by the buffalo cauliflower, and then add a drizzle of vegan ranch on top.
If you made this recipe, leave a rating below and share it with a friend!