This bagel charcuterie board is the perfect way to elevate your next brunch or an easy way to make breakfast entertaining more fun and delicious.
The only thing people love more than bagels is a board full of bagels! If you are looking for bagel charcuterie board ideas, look no further.
This bagel board has several bagels to choose from along with toppings, spreads, and fresh sides to enjoy with your bagel of choice.
Be sure to try my Breakfast Charcuterie Board next.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Perfect for entertaining: This bagel breakfast board is perfect for celebrating special occasions or impressing your family and friends at breakfast or brunch.
- Vegan & vegetarian: You can choose a variety of plant based spreads to make your bagel board plant based, vegan, or vegetarian.
- Easy to make: One of the best parts of this recipe is that it is incredibly simple to make. Just gather your ingredients that you plan to use and spread them out on the board.
Bagels: Choose several different variety of bagels as the main focus of the board. If you are not sure where to start I would choose several of each: plain bagels, cinnamon raisin bagels, everything bagels.
Fruits: Adding fresh fruits to the board is a great way to add in fiber and extra color and flavors. Choose four or more fresh fruits to add to your board.
I would recommend grapes, berries, oranges, and figs.
Spreads: You can't serve bagels without a great variety of spreads. Choose items like cream cheese (plant based), nut butters, butter, hummus, and jelly or jam.
Garnishes: Fresh herbs such as mint make a great garnish.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Top Tip: Use as many foods and flavors as you possibly can. Not only will your brunch guests enjoy the variety of options, it will also look gorgeous!
Substitutions & Additions:
Bagels: Use more or less varieties of bagels on your board. This can easily be tailored to the specific crowd you are serving. If you are unsure of their preferences it is best to use a wider variety of flavors.
Spreads: Similar to the note about bagels above this, choose spreads according to your guest list preference. You can add more in, add double of certain popular spreads, it's completely up to you!
Accompanying foods: Though fruits are an easy go-to choice, you can use any other side dish options on your board.
You can serve items to make a bagel breakfast sandwich, proteins, or even just breakfast potatoes.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Start by gathering your ingredients that you will be using. Next, grab a large serving board or tray.
Step 2: Wash any produce and cut them into bite-sized pieces if needed.
Step 3: If you're toasting the bagels, do this now. If you are not toasting the bagels I recommend placing a toaster nearby.
Step 4: Arrange all ingredients on the serving tray or board and serve.
- Use a variety of foods: One of the most important things you can do when building any type of board or tray is to use many different foods. This will give your guests a wide variety of options. The combination of textures, flavors, and colors will also be pleasing.
- Serve this fresh: While some recipes can be made in advance and stored for later, this is one that will do best when served fresh. You can prep the fruits the night before but in order for the bagels to stay fresh and avoid getting stale, you will want to enjoy this one right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
A bagel charcuterie board typically includes: bagels, cream cheese, butter, jelly or jam, fresh fruits and vegetables.
The classic and best bagel toppings are: cream cheese, butter, jam, jelly, nut butters, hazelnut spreads, and hummus.
You can enjoy this bagel charcuterie board anytime but some of the best opportunities to make it are:
- Brunch or breakfast entertaining events
- Mother's Day
- Bridal or wedding showers
- Bachelorette weekends
- Girl's weekends
- Family brunch
- Holiday breakfasts
Toppings and Spreads
These are some of the most popular and delicious toppings and spreads to include on your bagel board and some of the best toppings for bagels:
- Cream cheese (plant based)
- Butter (plant based)
- Jams and jellies
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Hazelnut spread
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables
More Brunch & Breakfast Recipes
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Bagel Charcuterie Board
- 1 Board or large serving platter
- 6 bagels
- ¼ cup cream cheese plant based
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup jelly or jam
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup berries
- 2 oranges
- Assemble all ingredients and find a large platter, board, or serving tray.
- Wash any fresh produce you will be using and slice bagels into halves.
- If you are toasting the bagels, toast them at this time.
- Arrange all ingredients on the board or platter and serve fresh.