This spicy and delicious vegan sandwich is perfect for an easy and satisfying homemade meal.
Once again, cauliflower has completely stolen the show! This exciting plant-based twist of a buffalo chicken sandwich is a great way to increase your vegetable intake.
I love making this when I'm looking for easy homemade comfort food or hoping to create a date night at home. This is one of my favorite vegan and vegetarian dinner ideas!
Cauliflower: I recommend getting a medium sized head of cauliflower so your slices are big enough.
Seasoning: I love using a combination of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Bread Crumbs: This gives the cauliflower a delicious crispy, breaded texture.
Almond Milk: I used almond milk in this recipe to help bind the bread crumbs and seasoning to the cauliflower. You can use olive oil!
Buffalo Sauce: This article talks about and reviews some delicious vegan buffalo sauces. Go with a mild sauce if you don't like a lot of heat, and try using a medium or hot buffalo sauce if you're looking to turn up to heat!
Check out some of my favorite recipes:
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 buns
- 1 tbsp vegan ranch
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper each
- Preheat your oven to 350o F.
- Cut the green leaves off your cauliflower, place it stem side on the cutting board and cut down the middle creating two equal halves. Cut a 1-inch section off each of the cauliflower halves creating a “cauliflower steak”.
- Mix the spices and almond milk together and coat both pieces of cauliflower with the mixture. Next, coat each piece of cauliflower with your breadcrumbs and shake off any extra.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- At the 20 minute mark, remove from the oven and toss in the buffalo sauce until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Assemble your sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, buffalo cauliflower, and a drizzle of vegan ranch. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe please leave a star rating below, this helps others find my recipes.
If you snap a picture and share it on Instagram be sure to tag me @plantedinthekitchen or use #plantedinthekitchen in the caption for the chance to be shared on my story!