This broccoli crunch salad is a delicious 15 minute recipe made with nourishing plant based ingredients and tossed in a creamy homemade dressing. It is full of fresh flavor and perfect for a picnic, cookout, or your weekly meal prep!
If you're looking for a flavor-packed side dish or unique salad recipe, this vegan broccoli salad is for you!
It's made with nourishing plant-based ingredients like broccoli, apples, and more then tossed in a creamy homemade salad dressing.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan: We don't use any animal products in this recipe so it is vegan/plant-based and vegetarian friendly.
- Gluten-Free: This recipe is free of wheat/gluten.
- 15 Minute Recipe: It's a quick recipe and considered a "beginner" level recipe that's easy for new cooks!
- Perfect to Make in Advance: The flavors in this broccoli crunch salad actually get even better as time goes on. That makes it perfect for a meal prep recipe.
- Full of Flavor: There is a wide variety of fresh foods and flavors in this recipe. It's exciting, vibrant, and has a great crunch!
Broccoli: I prefer to use fresh organic broccoli for the best flavor. Make sure you're cutting the broccoli into small bite-sized florets. This will make it nice and easy to eat and enjoy without getting to large of a bite.
Dried Cranberries: Either unsweetened or sweetened dried cranberries work great in this recipe. It all depends on your preference of sweetness.
Dressing: We make a homemade dressing for this salad, see the recipe card for all of the ingredients. If you have a dressing you like more on your broccoli salad feel free to use that instead.
Apples: Any type of firm & sweet apple will work great.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
Add extra protein: Toss a cup of chickpeas in with the rest of the ingredients to get some extra protein.
Give it more of a crunch: You can add extra nuts or seeds to make this recipe even crunchier.
You can also wait to add the nuts and seeds until just before serving.
Make it your own: Feel free to add in any other ingredients that you love best. Double your favorite ingredients in this recipe, or take anything out that you don't love.
If you're taking something out I recommend replacing it with more of another ingredient to keep a good ingredient to dressing ratio and balance.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Start by mixing the ingredients for the dressing together a set it aside.
Wash all of the fresh produce then prep the ingredients according to the ingredient list.
Step 2: Combine all of the ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing on top and toss until well combined and coated in the dressing.
Top Tip: In order to get the best possible flavor make this recipe the day before you plan on enjoying it. This will allow the flavors to meld and will be even more delicious!
How to Serve
There are so many ways to enjoy this flavorful vegan broccoli salad! Below are some of my top serving recommendations:
- Enjoy as an entree
- Serve as a side dish
- Layer on a bed of fresh greens
- Wrap it up in your favorite tortilla
- Meal prep this recipe to bring to school or work
- Pack it up for your next cookout, picnic, or gathering
- Cut the broccoli according to preference: Make sure you're cutting the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. You can cut them even smaller if you wish though to make this more of a chopped broccoli salad.
- Make the dressing the day before: This will allow the flavors to meld or come together give you the best tasting salad.
- Add some protein: You can add a cup or two of chickpeas to this broccoli salad to get the added benefits of protein.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is typically made using broccoli florets, apples, red onion, nuts, seeds, and tossed in a dressing.
Broccoli salad is a versatile dish that goes great with a number of other dishes. Some of the best complimentary foods are sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, and pasta salads.
You can store it in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
More Vegan Salad Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Broccoli Crunch Salad
- 6 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups apples diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup dressing more or less to taste/preference
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cool water
- ½ tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ tbsp tahini
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a jar and stir until well combined.
- Wash all of the fresh produce then prep according to the ingredient list.
- Combine the ingredients in a large serving bowl and top with the dressing.
- Toss until well combined and covered in the dressing.