Spinach white bean soup is packed with vitamins and minerals and an easy way to work toward your leafy green requirements! I love making a big batch of soup at the beginning of the week to have easy access to quick and healthy dinners (easily double this recipe for more servings).
This soup is thick and creamy and a perfect comfort food to warm up with on a chilly day. Grab your spoons and your spinach and lets get cooking!
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
Spinach White Bean Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cannellini beans can sub any white bean
- 2 cloves garlic medium
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 1 russet potato
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pour the olive oil into a large pot and turn to medium heat. Add the diced yellow onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and continue to cook for about one more minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, the peeled and diced potato, your well-rinsed beans, salt, pepper, and cumin. Bring to a low boil.
- Continue to cook on a low boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach. Let cool slightly (be careful not to burn yourself!) and use an immersion blender. Blend until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: