This easy vegan lentil bolognese is hearty and delicious! It's full of fresh veggies, nourishing lentils, and has plenty of room to modify to fit your preferences. With ingredients like this, you'll be full and satisfied for hours after dinner is over.
We made this recipe super easy so you can use your favorite jar of pasta sauce and can skip an entire step (or make your own homemade sauce!), leaving less time and work between you and your dinner. Make it fresh or meal prep it for the week ahead!
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
Easy Vegan Lentil Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup red lentils
- 1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- ½ cup water
- Start by rinsing your lentils under cool water. Take this opportunity to look through the lentils and remove any little rocks (sounds crazy, I know). After rinsing, place the lentils in a bowl with warm water and set aside to soak and soften for about 45 minutes.
- Once your lentils have finished soaking, finely chop your veggies and add them to a large pot with the olive oil and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and sauté for about one minute longer.
- Add the sauce, water, and drained lentils to the pot and bring to a boil. Once it has reached a boil, lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the lentils and veggies are soft.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or veggie noodles and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe be sure to try my: