These vegan pancakes are fluffy, delicious, and perfect for any morning! I’ve honestly had such a mental block for so long when it comes to making plant-based pancakes. I’ve created some healthier pancake recipes using fun ingredients like apple sauce and bananas as binding agents and have loved them (I’ll update this post and link to them once I release those recipes), but I am so excited to finally have a classic vegan pancake recipe to share with you!
My weekend mornings usually start bright and early so I can start cooking and shooting new recipes for the blog. But my favorite mornings are the slow ones with extra coffee, the news on in the background, and of course, warm, fluffy pancakes covered in maple syrup.
Week day mornings usually move a bit faster and I tend to lean toward overnight oats or a refreshing smoothie. The great news is that you can actually freeze these pancakes in an airtight/sealed bag or container, and reheat them for a quick and easy breakfast.
How to Make Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes
You can easily make a gluten free variation of these delicious pancakes. Simply swap your all-purpose flour for a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour instead. You can use this flour from Bob's Red Mill!
Now pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee and let’s make some pancakes!
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
- 1 ½ cups flour all purpose
- 2 tbsp sugar I use coconut sugar or raw sugar
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together separately from your dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix or the pancakes will lose their light and fluffy texture.
- Scoop ¼ cup per pancake onto a greased griddle or non-stick pan and cook over medium-high heat until the edges start to bubble. Gently flip your pancake over and cook the second side until it's golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag me on Instagram and use #plantedinthekitchen to be featured!