These sweet and creamy pumpkin pie overnight oats are full of fall flavors and are an easy five minute recipe!
I am always a big fan of overnight oats. They are easy to make and there are so many opportunities to incorporate new foods and flavors to make a fun new recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to try my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal next!
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan: This recipe is dairy-free and doesn't use any milk or other animal products. This makes it an ideal breakfast recipe for anyone who is vegan, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, or plant-based.
- Gluten-Free: We don't use any wheat products when making this recipe. To be extra careful make sure that you are choosing certified gluten-free ingredients.
- Quick & Easy: We use simple ingredients and only need five minutes to prep this easy recipe.
- Perfect for Meal Prep: This recipe lasts up to four day in the refrigerator which makes it a great choice for meal prepping.
These pumpkin spice overnight oats are made using simple ingredients:
Pumpkin puree: You can use homemade or canned pumpkin puree. Make sure you are choosing pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
Oats: This recipe works best with old fashioned or rolled oats.
Yogurt: Plant-based vanilla yogurt helps to make this recipe extra thick and creamy. You can use a yogurt that is coconut milk based, almond milk based, or oat milk based.
Spices: I prefer to use pre-made pumpkin spice in this recipe but you can always make your own using a combination of ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
Swap out the plant-based milk: I originally used oat milk in this recipe but you can use almond milk, coconut milk, or any other plant-based milk that you like best.
Use a different sweetener: Brown sugar is the sweetener of choice in this recipe but you can swap it out for any sweetener you like.
Omit the yogurt: You can leave the yogurt out of the recipe if you prefer. If you do this I would recommend replacing it with a little extra pumpkin.
My other top recommendations would be coconut sugar, agave nectar, or maple syrup.
Step by Step Instructions
These fall flavored overnight oats are easy to make and require just a few simple instructions.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a container and mix everything together until well combined.
Step 2: Wait 2-3 minutes then stir the mixture again to break up any clumps that might be forming.
This is important because if clumps form, the oats and chia seeds won't absorb the liquid properly and your end result consistency will be off.
Step 3: Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until the oats have absorbed the liquid and has a thickened texture.
Step 4: Stir one last time before serving then add any desired toppings.
- Stir twice: Whenever you make overnight oats with chia seeds I recommend stirring well when you first combine all ingredients and again after a couple of minutes. This will help the oats and chia seeds from clumping together.
- Use measuring spoons: I love trying to "eyeball" a recipe and make it without properly measuring my ingredients. Sometimes it works out great and sometimes it ends up being a complete disaster. I recommend always using measuring utensils when making a recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can eat overnight oats either warm or cold, it's completely up to your preference. They are intended to be enjoyed cold, right out of the refrigerator. If you prefer to eat them warm simply warm them up in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Using a sweetener and good spices or flavors will make your overnight oats taste delicious. In this recipe we use pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and vanilla yogurt to give our oats flavor and use brown sugar to sweeten them.
These overnight oats last up to four days when stored in the refrigerator in a closed container.
No, this recipe uses old fashioned or rolled oats. Steel cut oats have a tougher texture and are not ideal for overnight oats. They also require different requirements for liquid absorption.
There are so many ways to enjoy these pumpkin spice overnight oats. These topping recommendations are the perfect way to elevate your oats:
- Fresh fruit
- Dried fruit
- Hemp seeds
- Whipped cream
More Oatmeal Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- 1 ¼ cup oats
- 1 ¼ cup oat milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt plant-based
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together in a container until everything is well combined. Wait 2-3 minutes then stir again to break up and clumps that might be forming.
- Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until the oats thicken.
- Stir again before serving.