These cinnamon overnight oats are sweet and refreshing. They take just five minutes to make using simple ingredients and are perfect for an easy make ahead breakfast!
Mornings can be busy and stressful so there is nothing better than waking up knowing that breakfast is already made! They are inspired by warm, melty cinnamon rolls and are a lighter option when you need a quick meal.
These sweet overnight oats are perfect for meal prepping. You can enjoy them for breakfast, snack time, or even as a lighter dessert at the end of the day.
If you're looking for more overnight oat recipes try my Peanut Butter Overnight Oats or my Chia Seed Overnight Oats next!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan/Plant-Based: There are no animal products in these overnight oats.
- Gluten-Free: As long as you're using gluten-free oats, this recipe is totally free of gluten!
- Perfect for Meal Prep: You can make these overnight oats and store them in the fridge for up to four days.
- Travels Well: Pack them in your favorite container or mason jar for an easy on the go breakfast or snack.
Oats: I use old fashioned oats or rolled oats for this recipe. Using other types of oats such as steel cut oats might require more oat milk.
Yogurt: Use plant-based vanilla flavored yogurt for an important boost of flavor!
Oat Milk: This recipe calls for unflavored and unsweetened oat milk. You can use store bought oat milk or make your own.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
Swap out the oat milk: Though the original recipe calls for oat milk, you can use vanilla oat milk, sweetened oat milk, or swap it out for almond milk instead.
Use plain yogurt: If you opt for plain yogurt rather than vanilla I recommend you add a quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract in order to replace the flavor.
Omit the chia seeds: If you don't want to add the chia seeds use half a cup less of oat milk to balance things out.
Add chocolate chips: You can add 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate chips if you want to bring things to the next level.
Step by Step Instructions
These cinnamon roll overnight oats are so easy to make!
Image 1: Start by gathering all of your ingredients. If you're going to make any changes to the recipe this is your time to balance things out and make those swaps accordingly.
Image 2: Combine all of the ingredients in a jar (or two if you are using smaller jars). Mix everything really well with a fork or a spoon and set the jar aside for three minutes.
Image 3: At the three minute mark stir the oats again really well. This is an important step because we don't want the chia seeds to clump up!
Image 4: After everything is nice and stirred again cover the jar and place the oats in the fridge for at least an hour but ideally overnight.
Once they have absorbed the oat milk and have a nice thick consistency you can remove them from the fridge and it's time to enjoy!
Stir them one last time before enjoying and add an extra splash of oat milk if you need to thin them out according to your preferences.
How to Serve
These cinnamon roll overnight oats are perfect to enjoy on their own but if you want to add anything extra, these are some of my top recommendations to mix in:
- Fresh berries
- Frozen berries
- Chocolate chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Don't forget the second stir. Even though it's tempting to toss the oats in the fridge once you've mixed everything together, wait those three minutes! We use chia seeds in this recipe and if you don't stir them again at that three minute mark they will get super clumpy.
- Use rolled oats. It might be tempting to use the steel-cut oats that you have on hand but I recommend using rolled oats instead. They will give you a much better texture.
- Add the berries or granola when serving. If you add them too soon you might end up with a soggy texture or consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oat milk is the best option when making overnight oats. This type of milk will give you a creamy consistency, you can choose a sweetened or flavored option, and they go great with the oats in the recipe!
Make sure you're using the correct measurements and adding some flavor. There is nothing worse than runny overnight oats or overnight oats that are too dry. Follow the recipe and try not to guess when it comes to measuring.
Adding yogurt to your overnight oats will give them a creamy, rich consistency. It's also a great way to add some extra flavor.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups oat milk
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt plant based
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a jar or bowl.
- Wait several minutes and at the three minute mark mix them again to break up and clumps of chia seeds that might have formed.
- Cover the container and store the overnight oats in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Stir them one last time before serving.
Where can I purchase the glass containers u make the overnight oats in?
They are on my Amazon page in the meal prep section. You can get there by typing "shop" into the search bar on my website and I have a shop page with the Amazon link 🙂
Super recipe ?. Please also post some warm protein oats recipes.
Thank you! I'll start working on some 🙂