This easy flax pudding is creamy, light, and refreshing! It's perfect for a meal prep breakfast, snack, or dessert. It's also simple to make this recipe using just three ingredients and takes five minutes of prep time.
I love how versatile this recipe is. You can serve it for breakfast, dessert, or even an easy low-prep snack.
It's also easy to make simple swaps in the recipe to change the flavor or consistency to make it your new favorite dish.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan: This dairy-free flax pudding doesn't use any animal products making it vegan and plant-based.
- Gluten-Free: We don't use any wheat/gluten in this recipe so it's great for GF folks.
- Easy: This recipe uses only three simple ingredients and takes five minutes of prep time.
- Great for Meal Prep: If you're planning to meal prep, this recipe is perfect. Store it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
We only need a few simple ingredients for our flax pudding recipe.
Flaxseed: We use ground flaxseed rather than whole flaxseed in this recipe.
Yogurt: I recommend using a sweetened vanilla plant-based yogurt. This is an easy way to add creaminess, flavor, and sweetener to this recipe.
Oat Milk: I used plain unsweetened oat milk for this recipe.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
There are so many easy ways to make this recipe your own. Some of my top recommendations are below:
Swap milks: This recipe calls for oat milk to be used as the liquid base but you can use any type of milk you like best. My recommendations would be almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, or soy milk.
Flavored yogurt: We use vanilla plant-based yogurt alternative in this recipe but you can use any flavor of yogurt that you love or have on hand. This is an easy way to change up the flavors.
Cacao powder: Stir in a teaspoon of cacao powder to make chocolate flaxseed pudding.
Blended flaxseed pudding: You can combine all ingredients in a blender and blend everything together to create a thicker, creamier pudding-like consistency.
Top Tip: Always stir again three minutes after your initial stir. This will help prevent clumps from forming and will give you a better texture.
Step by Step Instructions
Image One: Start by gathering your ingredients and decide if you're adding anything extra.
Image Two: Combine all ingredients in a jar or container (make sure the container has a lid so you can cover it in the fridge).
Image Three: Stir everything together in the jar until well combined. Allow it to sit for about three minutes then stir again to break up any clumps that are starting to form.
Cover the container and place it in the fridge until it has thickened nicely. This usually takes at least an hour but for best results I like to leave it in the fridge overnight.
Image Four: Once it has thickened to your desired level you can remove it from the fridge and stir one last time before serving. Add any toppings or garnishes and enjoy cold!
- Don't forget the yogurt: I love using yogurt in my flax and chia seed puddings. This really helps us get a thicker and creamier consistency and gives us the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor.
- Stir really well: Make sure you're stirring according to the recipe instructions in order to get the best consistency.
Some of my favorite toppings for flax pudding are:
- Fresh fruit
- Frozen fruit
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Nut butters
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! In this recipe we combine flaxseed, oat milk, and yogurt to make a rich and creamy flaxseed pudding.
Flax pudding can last about 4-5 days on average when stored in the refrigerator in a closed container.
After mixing all of your ingredients together you can close the container and place it in the refrigerator.
More Plant Based Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt plant-based, sweetened
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or container.
- Stir everything together until well combined. Wait three minutes and stir again to break up any clumps that are starting to form.
- Cover the container and place it in the fridge for at least an hour to absorb the liquid and thicken.
- Stir again after you remove it from the refrigerator and enjoy it cold.