This banana chia pudding is incredibly sweet, creamy, and delicious! It's easy to prep in just five minutes and uses four simple ingredients.
If you're looking for an easy make-ahead breakfast or light dessert, you'll love this recipe!
It's full of nourishing chia seeds, fresh bananas, and tastes similar to vegan banana pudding.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan & Gluten-Free: This recipe is made using plant-based ingredients and is free of wheat products.
- Easy to Make: You'll only need four ingredients and five minutes to prep this chia pudding recipe.
- Travels Well: This is a great option for a delicious plant-based breakfast, snack, or dessert on the go. Just pack it in your lunchbox or cooler with an ice pack to keep it chilled.
If you're looking for more easy breakfast recipes be sure to try my Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes and Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie next!
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are the star of the show in this recipe. I typically find my chia seeds in the specialty health food section of the grocery store.
Banana: Use a ripe banana so it mashes more easily and will have better flavor and a higher sugar content which will make it nice and sweet.
Yogurt: Using a vanilla plant-based yogurt will give your chia pudding great flavor and sweetness.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
Use more banana or yogurt: If you're looking to make this even creamier you can double the amount of banana and/or yogurt that you're using.
Swap out the oat milk: The original recipe calls for oat milk but you can swap out the oat milk for any milk you have on hand. My recommendations would be almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
Add some protein: You can stir in a tablespoon of nut butter like peanut butter or a scoop of vanilla protein powder to level up this recipe.
Add oats: If you want to turn this recipe into banana chia seed overnight oats simply add ¼ cup of rolled oats and ¼ cup of additional oat milk.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Gather the ingredients you're going to use and mash the banana up until it has a thick and smooth consistency.
Step 2: Combine all ingredients in a container or jar and mix everything really well. Wait about 3 minutes then stir everything again.
Step 3: Cover the container and place the chia pudding in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Step 4: After one hour or once the chia seeds have absorbed the oat milk and has thickened remove it from the fridge and stir again. Add any toppings you love best and enjoy!
Top Tip: Don't forget to stir the chia pudding again at the three minute mark after your initial stir. This will prevent the chia seeds from sticking together at the bottom of the container.
This chia seed pudding with bananas is perfect and delicious as-is but here are some of my favorite toppings and extras to add in:
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Make the night before: It takes at least one hour for the chia seeds to absorb the oat milk but if you leave this chia pudding in the fridge overnight it will be even more thick and delicious.
- Make a parfait: Mash up an extra banana and grab some extra yogurt. Create layers in a jar or container of the mashed banana, extra vanilla yogurt, and banana chia pudding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chia seed pudding is made with chia seeds which are packed with protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and more! This recipe for banana chia seed pudding has 4.8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving.
You can store this chia pudding in the fridge in a closed container for up to three days.
More Vegan Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Banana Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup oat milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt plant-based
- 1 banana ripe, mashed
- Start by mashing the ripe banana with a fork until it has a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Combine all ingredients in a container and mix everything together really well.
- After three minutes mix everything together again. Then cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour until the chia seeds have absorbed the oat milk and have thickened.
- Remove the banana chia seed pudding from the fridge, stir again, and enjoy!
Leave a Comment