Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
These air fryer chickpeas are incredibly easy to make and come together in just 10 minutes. There is also an option below to make oven roasted chickpeas if you don't have an air fryer.
Reasons you'll love these chickpeas
- Minimal Ingredients: There are only five simple ingredients in these chickpeas.
- Good Source of Protein: There are 20.5 grams of protein in one serving.
- Quick & Easy: It takes only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes from start to finish.
- Full of Flavor: These chickpeas are packed with flavor and you can easily incorporate extra spices, herbs, and flavors.
Chickpeas: My go-to for chickpeas is to buy a can of organic chickpeas. Just drain, rinse, and get cooking. You can also use dried chickpeas after cooking them if you prefer.
Seasoning: I use a combination of salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Olive Oil: I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil because its less processed than other olive oils. This is a great article that explains some of the differences between olive oils.
See the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
This recipe for air fry chickpeas is super simple to make.
You'll want to start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees. If yours doesn't have a 375 setting that's okay, you can use 380 degrees instead.
While the air fryer preheats, drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, then toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Once they are fully coated, move the chickpeas in air fryer and cook for a total of 8 minutes, removing them at the halfway mark to toss.
This is the air fryer that I have and love.
See below for my oven baked chickpea recipe!
How to Make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
If you don't have an air fryer or would prefer to make baked chickpeas instead, I have you covered!
Follow all of the initial steps for making the chickpeas air fryer method, then we will branch out to make oven roasted chickpeas instead. You'll still drain and rinse the chickpeas, toss them in olive oil and seasoning.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and after it is thoroughly preheated, transfer the chickpeas to a nonstick baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, removing to toss halfway through cooking.
How to Serve These Chickpeas
There are so many ways to enjoy these chickpeas and incorporate them into meals. Below are some of my top recommendations:
- Salads: It's so easy to add these chickpeas to any salad! I think they would be delicious on my Mediterranean Salad or my Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing.
- Wraps: I love adding air fried chickpeas or baked chickpeas into veggie wraps.
- Tacos: You can add them to Vegetable Tacos or my Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos for extra texture and protein.
- Snacking: Cook these chickpeas a minute or two longer to get a crunchier texture and enjoy them on their own as a snack.
One of the many great things about this recipe is that it's really easy to change the recipe to fit your exact needs
Spicy Chickpeas: Add ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper to make spicy air fryer chickpeas.
Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas: If you want to know how to make crispy chickpeas, just leave them in the air fryer to cook for an extra couple of minutes.
Additional Flavors: You can use different spices and seasonings to completely change the flavor of your chickpeas. Some fun options are:
- Ranch chickpeas
- Everything but the bagel chickpeas
- Spicy chickpeas
- Sriracha chickpeas
- Garlic chickpeas
Try some of my other vegan recipes next:
If you tried this recipe please leave a star rating below
Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer
- 15 oz chickpeas 1 can
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- While the air fryer preheats, drain and rinse the chickpeas and toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and seasoning .
- Transfer the seasoned chickpeas to the air fryer and cook them for 8 minutes, pausing the air fryer and tossing them at the 4 minute mark.
- Cook slightly longer if you prefer more of a crispy texture. Allow to cool slightly before serving and enjoying.