This kale salad recipe is filled with fresh and delicious ingredients and topped with a sweet and savory vegan tahini dressing.
I might be a little biased, but I think this is one of the best vegan salads I've ever made.
It's easy to make and perfect for a quick and simple lunch or dinner. It's also really filling and will help keep you satisfied for hours.
This is also a great recipe for meal prepping! Just store the salad and the dressing separately and combine just before serving. If you're interested in meal prepping, this article talks all about how to get started with meal prepping.
Kale: This is the base and heart of this salad.
This dark leafy green has tons of health benefits and is a great foundation for this recipe. Those nutritional benefits are why I love making a salad with kale whenever I can!
This article talks about how there are several different types of kale.
Sweet Potato: This delicious roasted vegetable adds hearty sweetness and tons of flavor to this dish.
Avocado: The avocado gives an added creamy texture to the salad.
Radishes: They add a bunch of crunchy texture.
Red Cabbage: The cabbage also adds a bunch of delicious texture.
Quinoa: This yummy grain helps make this salad extra filling and helps keep you nice and full.
Salad Dressing: The homemade vegan salad dressing makes the entire salad pop with flavor! It's creamy, sweet, and savory.
See recipe card below for quantities.
You can substitute the roasted sweet potato for any other hearty roasted vegetables.
The kale can be swapped out for a number of other leafy greens if you don't have kale on hand or don't love kale. I recommend swapping for baby spinach if you aren't going to use kale.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try these recipes next:
Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups kale
- 1 cup sweet potato diced and roasted
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- ¼ cup radishes thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red cabbage shredded
- ½ cup avocado diced
- ¼ cup tahini dressing
Vegan Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon cool water
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Start by washing, dicing, and roasting the sweet potatoes. Season however you prefer (I kept things simple and used a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper).
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before adding to your power bowl.
- Mix together all ingredients for the tahini dressing and set aside.
- Chop the kale and massage with a little olive oil or lemon juice. Prepare the other produce according to the ingredient list.
- Assemble all ingredients in a large bowl, pour dressing on top, and then mix together. Serve right away and enjoy!
Leave a Comment