This sweet potato power bowl with tahini dressing is filled with fresh plant-based ingredients. Itâ€™s easy to make and perfect for a quick and simple lunch or dinner. Itâ€™s also really filling and will help keep you satisfied for hours.
I like to keep things as easy as possible, so like many of my other recipes this one is delicious freshly made but also perfect for meal prepping.
What is a Power Bowl?
Power bowls are also called nourish bowls and sometimes Buddha bowls. Essentially, they are dishes filled with a combination of greens and grains and usually include fresh or roasted vegetables, and maybe even some nuts or seeds. The key to making a great power bowl is all about mixing and matching delicious ingredients.
My favorite trick for making a good power, nourish, or Buddha bowl is to use a lot of layers and textures. By doing this, you are adding more excitement and flavor to your dish and our brains and tastebuds absolutely love this! You can accomplish this by adding a wide variety of ingredients from the categories listed above.
If you like this recipe for my sweet potato power bowl with tahini dressing, I have a really yummy recipe for an Arugula Couscous Power Bowl that you should try as well!
Creamy Vegan Tahini Dressing
The homemade dressing in this recipe is delicious on this sweet potato power bowl but also amazing and on other salads and vegan bowls as well. You can even use it as a dipping sauce for foods like fries or onion rings, yum!
I recommend making this while preheating your oven and popping it in the fridge during the rest of your food prep so your flavors can meld nicely together.
I love this article about the best store-bought tahini by the Minimalist Baker.
Sweet Potato Power Bowl with Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups kale
- 1 cup sweet potato diced and roasted
- Â½ cup quinoa cooked
- Â¼ cup radishes thinly sliced
- Â¼ cup red cabbage shredded
- Â¼ cup avocado diced
- 2 tablespoon tahini dressing
Vegan Tahini Dressing
- Â¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon cool water
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Start by washing, dicing, and roasting the sweet potatoes. Season however you prefer (I kept things simple and used a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper) roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before adding to your power bowl.
- Mix together all ingredients for the tahini dressing and set aside.
- Wash your produce and allow to dry. Chop the kale and massage with a little olive oil or lemon juice. Prepare the other produce according to the ingredient list.
- Assemble your sweet potato power bowl starting with the kale, followed by your veggies, and a drizzle of the tahini dressing. Mix together and serve immediately!
You can easily swap and ingredients you donâ€™t love for something different. If youâ€™re not a big fan of kale, you can use any other green that you prefer. The same goes for the grains, feel free to swap the quinoa for brown rice, farro, even lentils if you want. I recommend that if you take something out, you add something back in its place. This will help to keep the recipe full of a variety of textures and flavors.
I prefer to use the tahini dressing in this recipe, but you can replace it with your favorite dressing or even a scoop of hummus.
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below, and share it with a friend. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag me on Instagram and use #plantedinthekitchen to be featured!