Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This easy homemade breakfast burrito recipe is fully vegan and packed with amazing flavor.
What I Love about this veggie breakfast burrito:
- This savory vegan breakfast recipe is packed with amazing flavor and packed with protein to keep you full all morning long.
- You'll get a great start to your day with fresh vegetables.
- This is a vegan and vegetarian breakfast burrito and can be made gluten-free by using a GF tortilla, and opting for GF egg and sausage replacements.
Check out my Amazon Store Front Page for all of my favorite kitchen must-haves!
Breakfast Potatoes: You can use any breakfast potatoes you love best for this potato breakfast burrito, but if you're in need of a recipe, try my Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes.
Plant-Based Eggs: I used Just Egg in this vegan breakfast burrito recipe. You can use any type of egg replacement you like best, use a tofu scramble, or even omit the "egg" altogether.
Plant-Based Sausage: I opted for the vegan Beyond Meat spicy breakfast sausage because I love the extra spice. Feel free to use any brand you like best.
Plant-Based Cheese: Vegan cheese is always a hot topic in the plant based world. Check out this article for some of the best vegan cheeses.
Hot Sauce: I prefer to use Cholula hot sauce, but you can use any hot sauce you have on hand.
Tortillas: Check out these highly rated vegan and gluten-free tortillas.
See recipe card below for full ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
I like using my homemade air fryer breakfast potatoes in this vegan breakfast wrap recipe so I start by prepping and making those. You can find that recipe here: Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes.
Then I cook my plant based egg and sausage according to the package instructions and wash and prep your veggies of choice.
Once everything has finished cooking, heat the tortilla in your microwave or on the stovetop until it's slightly warm. This will make wrapping a bit easier.
Now for the easy part: assemble all ingredients on the tortilla, and wrap and roll it up!
Sometimes I like to warm it on the stovetop with the burrito crease down to help "seal" it up.
Let it cool slightly before enjoying.
Make it Less Spicy: If you prefer to turn down the heat, I would recommend removing the seeds from or fully omitting the jalapeño pepper. You can also use a milder hot sauce or omit the hot sauce.
Add Extra Veggies: Be my guest! Add any extra vegetables that you would enjoy. I would recommend onion, green onions, tomatoes.
Not a Fan of Processed Vegan Egg or Meat? Simply omit these items and replace them with more veggies.
Be sure to try some of these other plant based breakfast recipes next:
Vegan Breakfast Burrito
- 2 tortillas
- 2 plant based sausages
- 1 serving plant based egg
- 2 tablespoon plant based cheese
- ½ cup breakfast potatoes
- ¼ cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook the breakfast potatoes, vegan egg, and vegan sausage according to package instructions.
- Wash and prep the fresh vegetables.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven, microwave, or stovetop until just warm.
- Assemble all ingredients on the tortillas, then wrap and roll the tortillas up into burritos.
- Optional last step to place the burrito "seam side" down on the stovetop for a minute to "seal" the burrito closed.
Food Safety Tips
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.