Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
This savory pasta is made with sun dried tomatoes, sautéed garlic, and fresh herbs. It takes only 25 minutes to make from start to finish!
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This recipe takes only 25 minutes to make which makes it perfect for a last minute meal.
- Vegan/Plant-Based: There aren't any animal products in this vegan Tuscan pasta recipe. This also means that this is a dairy-free pasta.
- Full of Flavor: We use flavor-packed sun dried tomatoes, sautéed garlic, white wine, and fresh herbs to bring the flavor of this dish to the next level.
Sun Dried Tomatoes: These flavorful tomatoes add incredible flavor to our recipe, don't omit if at all possible.
I can usually find sun dried tomatoes in the produce section near the garlic.
Garlic: If at all possible, use freshly minced garlic and not jarred or pre-peeled or cut garlic to ensure we get the freshest flavors possible.
White Wine: After the onion and garlic are sautéed, I add a splash of white wine and allow it to reduce. This gives us an amazing flavor!
This is a great guide to the best white wines for cooking.
Spices and Herbs: I used fresh basil and Herbs de Provence to give this pasta dish an authentic Italian flavor.
See the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
In a separate pan, sauté the sun dried tomatoes and garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook them for about 3 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Add the white wine and allow it to reduce for about 5 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable broth, oat milk, herbs, and ¼ cup reserve pasta water. Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the basil, spinach, and cooked pasta.
Tuscan Pasta Salad: Simply make this recipe in advance, chill in a covered container in the fridge, and serve cold.
Gluten-Free: This sauce is already free of gluten, so all you need to do is use a gluten-free pasta.
Make it Spicy: Add ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes when you sauté the garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
Add Extra Protein: You can add 1-2 cooked plant-based Italian sausages to this pasta for some extra protein.
Double the Sauce: If you're looking for extra creaminess, extra flavors, or just extra everything, double the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store this pasta? This pasta can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to four days.
Top Tip: Whenever you're storing hot or warm food, allow the food to cool completely before transferring to the container and covering. This will help reduce/eliminate sogginess by the excess moisture from the steam.
What are some serving recommendations? I typically use this recipe as a main dish but you can use it as a side dish if you prefer.
I also like to serve this savory pasta with twice the sauce and some freshly baked bread to dip in the sauce.
If you're looking for a great salad to serve with this pasta, try my Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing.
Try some of my other vegan pasta recipes next:
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup reserve pasta water
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions. After cooking, save ¼ cup of the reserve pasta water before draining.
- In a separate pan, sauté the garlic and sun dried tomatoes in olive oil over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the white wine into the pan with the garlic and tomatoes and allow it to reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, oat milk, reserve pasta water, and spices into the pan. Stir and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes or until your sauce has started to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta, basil, and spinach. Stir and serve.