Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links.
This homemade lemonade is made with freshly squeezed lemons, strawberries, and acai. It's easy to make and the perfect refreshing summer treat.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Fresh fruit flavors: The flavors from the strawberry and acai bring this lemonade to the next level.
- Vegan & gluten-free: This recipe is naturally vegan/plant-based and gluten-free.
- Holds up in the fridge: You can store this strawberry refresher with lemonade in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you're looking for more flavorful lemonade recipes, try my Blueberry Lemonade or my Dragon Fruit Lemonade next!
This strawberry acai lemonade refresher recipe is easy to make and has just 4 ingredients.
Simple Syrup: The simple syrup is made with just two ingredients: water & sugar. See the instructions below for more information.
Acai: This sweet and flavorful fruit is delicious and filled with health benefits.
Top Tip: I like to use frozen acai that can be found in the frozen fruit section of my grocery store and it's usually already pureed!
Strawberries: I prefer to use fresh strawberries but you can use defrosted frozen strawberries if that's all you have on hand.
Lemon Juice: You absolutely want to use freshly squeezed lemonade in this recipe for the best and freshest flavor.
See recipe card below for full list of ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
I always like to start by making the simple syrup so it has time to cool off while you prepare the other ingredients.
This is a super easy step, all you need to do is combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar in a pan and heat it on the stovetop. Stir it frequently with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Then set it aside to cool.
Next, squeeze the lemons and puree the strawberry and the acai.
Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the lemon juice, fruit puree, cold water, and simple syrup in a large pitcher or container and mix until well combined.
You can shop all of my favorite kitchen products on my Amazon Storefront.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is acai? Acai berries comes from acai palm trees that are native to South America. Acai is commonly known as a "super food" and is becoming more popular.
If you want to learn more about acai berries, check out this article from Good Housekeeping.
How long does simple syrup last? Simple syrup will last in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week due to its high sugar content.
Can I freeze this lemonade? Yes! You can either freeze this lemonade into flavorful ice cubes or use a popsicle mold to make homemade popsicles.
Add Bubbles: Bring this acai refresher to life by swapping half of the cold water at the end of the recipe for sparkling water.
Change the Flavor: If you don't have strawberries or acai at home don't worry! You can mix and match different fruits and flavors to come up with a flavor you love.
Sugar vs. Sweetener: I prefer to use organic coconut sugar in my lemonade/simple syrup, but you can use any sugar or sweetener you like best.
Try some of my other plant based recipes next:
If you tried this lemonade recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving a rating below.
Strawberry Acai Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice about 6 lemons, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup acai pureed or muddled
- ¼ cup strawberries purred or muddled
- 6 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Start by combining the sugar and water for the simple syrup and heat it on the stovetop while stirring until the sugar dissolves. This will make your simple syrup. Once the sugar dissolves, remove from heat to cool.
- While the simple syrup cools, juice the lemons and puree or muddle the strawberries and acai.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir until well mixed.
Leave a Comment