Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
This sweet and refreshing homemade dragon fruit lemonade is easy to make with just four simple ingredients!
Reasons I love this recipe:
- This dragon fruit juice is fully plant-based/vegan and gluten-free
- It only takes about 10 minutes to make this recipe
- This is a fun way to cool down on a hot summer day
- You can store leftovers in your fridge for up to five days
Check out my Amazon Store Front to shop all of my favorite kitchen gear and appliances.
Dragon Fruit: I used frozen dragon fruit in this recipe.
I can usually find fresh dragon fruit in my grocery store, but not always the pink kind. I wanted this recipe to be a little more accessible to everyone, so frozen dragon fruit it is! If you have fresh dragon fruit on hand, you can absolutely use that.
It's always fun to learn a little more about what you're eating, so if you're interested in learning more, here's an article all about dragon fruit.
Lemon Juice: I always opt for freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best possible flavors, especially in a recipe like this one.
The recipe calls for one cup of lemon juice, which I was able to obtain from 5 ½ medium lemons.
Simple Syrup: The simple syrup is made with sugar and water (more on that below). I used organic coconut sugar in this recipe.
See recipe card below for full ingredients and quantities.
Start by making the simple syrup. All you need to do is combine the one cup of sugar and 2 cups of water in a medium sauce pan. Turn the stove on to medium heat and whisk the sugar and water mixture until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
Squeeze the lemons to obtain one cup of lemon juice and purée the dragon fruit.
Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the simple syrup, dragon fruit, lemon juice, and six additional cups of water in a large pitcher. Stir the lemonade until it is well mixed and enjoy!
Make Sparkling Dragon Fruit Lemonade: Replace 1-2 cups of the water (not in the simple syrup thought) with 1-2 cups of plain sparkling water. This will add some extra fun to your dragon fruit drinks!
Made it a Dragon Fruit Cocktail: Add a little splash of your drink of choice to turn this recipe into a fun summer cocktail.
How to Store
This homemade dragon fruit lemonade can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to five days.
You can also freeze this delicious mixture into ice cubes to make your cocktails or sparkling water extra exciting.
I also love making homemade popsicles out of juices and lemonade. Simply pour into a popsicle mold like this one and freeze for several hours.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try these next:
Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Lemon Juicer
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice about 6 lemons
- 6 cups cold water
- ¼ cup dragon fruit pureed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Start by making the simply syrup. Combine the 1 cup of sugar with 2 cups of water and heat in a sauce pan over medium heat, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Juice the lemons to obtain 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. Puree the dragon fruit until it's no longer in chunks.
- Mix the cooled simple syrup, lemon juice, dragon fruit, and additional 6 cups of water in a large pitcher.