These green lentil tacos are such a delicious way to get all of the nutritious benefits from lentils and tons of healthy vegetables!
Different types of tacos are so easy to make, just fill them with your favorite veggies and you can create new and delicious meals. If you're just starting out with a vegan diet, I recommend trying a bunch of different taco recipes to easily diversity your dinner menu. This is also a really good way to explore new foods!
I was so excited to use watermelon radishes in these tacos. They are finally back in season and I will use any excuse to sneak them into a recipe. They are deliciously spicy and add the most amazing pop of color to any meal. We love adding them in salads, tacos, and power bowls for a great crunchy texture.
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
Green Lentil Tacos
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- ½ cup red cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup radishes thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp cilantro to garnish
- Start by cooking the lentils according to package instructions. After they have finished cooking, mix the taco seasoning with 1 tbsp water and mix into the lentils until the flavors are evenly distributed.
- While the lentils are cooking, prep the veggies according to ingredient list.
- Heat the tortillas one at a time on a pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a layer of lettuce to each tortilla followed by the lentils and then the remaining ingredients.
For a delicious added bonus, add a drizzle of my homemade chipotle sauce from my Roasted Vegetable Tacos recipe!