This refreshing lemon pasta is delicious and savory with just the right amount of zest. The sauce it gets its creaminess from cashew milk and tons of flavor from fresh lemon. It’s the perfect entrée, especially as the weather starts to get warmer.
I plan on making this pasta in place of a traditional Easter entrée this upcoming weekend. Since adopting a plant-based diet, I’ve really struggled with how to substitute traditional entrees on holidays. This vegan lemon pasta is a perfect solution for these warmer weather holidays!
Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta
I used tagliatelle noodles (like a thicker fettuccine) in this refreshing lemon pasta dish because I felt the creamy sauce would do well with a more substantial noodle. You can use any type of pasta you prefer and toss it in the delicious lemon sauce.
If you’re looking for a lighter meal, you can use a vegetable pasta like zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash in place of traditional wheat noodles. This article is super informative and helpful and a great how-to guide that teaches you how to spiralize your vegetables to turn them into noodles. I personally use a manual spiralizer like this one but also love my electric spiralizer and making veggie noodles by hand.
Vegan Pasta Recipes
This is one of my favorite plant-based pasta dishes I’ve created so far! If you’re looking for other pasta recipes you should try my Easy Vegan Lentil Bolognese or my Avocado Pesto With Zucchini Noodles next! If you couldn't tell already, pasta is one of my favorite foods 🙂
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below, and share it with a friend. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well.
Refreshing Lemon Pasta
- ½ pound uncooked pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic medium
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cashew milk
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp flour optional- to thicken
- 2 tbsp fresh basil to garnish
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine the olive oil and minced garlic in a pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant (about 2 minutes) being careful not to let garlic burn.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan and whisk together. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes until mixture starts to thicken.
- Strain your pasta and add it to the pot with the lemon sauce. Toss well, garnish with basil, and enjoy!