This deliciously creamy pumpkin pasta sauce is sweet and savory. Itâ€™s perfect for an easy plant based meal prep recipe and always great for making dinner in a pinch!
This is one of my top go-to crowd pleasing meals and our dinner guests always head back for seconds. Bonus points if you make extra and send some home with your family or friends!
You can toss this sauce together in about twenty minutes so itâ€™s great for a last-minute dinner idea. It is also perfect for meal prepping and freezing to save for later. Iâ€™m a big fan of make ahead vegetarian meals, one pot sauce recipes, and anything that lasts for a few days in the fridge.
Iâ€™m always on the lookout for cheap vegan meals and this creamy plant based pasta sauce checks all of my boxes. Most of the ingredients for this recipe are stocked in my pantry, making this a very cost effective dinner.
This recipe pairs beautifully with so many different types of pastas. Its heartiness makes it a great companion to a thicker noodle like fettuccini or linguini. It can also be used with gnocchi or as a pumpkin ravioli sauce.
The combination of ingredients like pumpkin, nutmeg, and sage are all perfect for fall and winter meals. Taking advantage of produce that is in season can help you find fresher foods and flavors and save money. This guide to seasonal produce is great for identifying in-season fruits and vegetables.
Warm comfort food like this is always so good for cooler weather. I love to curl up on the couch with a hot meal and a warm blanket. This vegan pumpkin pasta is perfect for doing just that!
Try some of my other cold weather recipes:
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Immersion blender or high speed blender
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree 15 oz
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- Â½ Cup Water
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Â½ teaspoon Salt
- Â½ teaspoon Pepper
- Â¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Â¼ teaspoon Ground Sage
- Combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Cook for several minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Begin to cook your pasta following package instructions.
- Add your remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and mix together. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or let cool slightly and and use a blender. If you use a classic blender, be sure to slightly vent the top!
- Pour a good amount of sauce over your cooked pasta and serve right away.
If you try this recipe please leave a star rating below.
If you snap a picture and share it onÂ InstagramÂ be sure to tag me @plantedinthekitchen or use #plantedinthekitchen in the caption for the chance to be shared on my story!