This vegan chickpea salad is a plant-based twist on a classic chicken salad recipe. Perfect for sandwiches, a fun addition to a salad, and delicious on it's own! I personally love spreading a little bit onto crackers for a fun, untraditional lunch.
This recipe for vegan chickpea salad is delicious year round but always feels perfect for spring and summer. It's the perfect sandwich for a sunny picnic and great for meal prepping and packing in school lunches.
It's filled with the most flavorful, nourishing ingredients and can be adjusted to fit your preferences. I love dill pickles and usually add a little extra to the recipe to bring out my favorite flavors! If you like yours to be a bit sweeter, add a little extra sugar and more dried cranberries. The best part of recipes like this is that you can really make it your own!
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a comment below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find these recipes as well
Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 3 cups chickpeas
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dill pickles finely chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp organic sugar can sub 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup apples diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp pepitas or sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by mixing your mayo, mustard, pickles, apple cider vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Use a potato masher (or a fork) to half-mash your chickpeas. Press down a few times to squish them a bit, but they should still have some structure.
- Add your remaining ingredients and your mayo mixture to the chickpeas and mix well.