These perfectly crispy air fryer hash browns are the full of savory flavor and great for a quick and easy breakfast. They take a just 12 minutes to make and use three simple ingredients.
There is nothing better than an easy breakfast first thing in the morning.
These savory air fryer hashbrowns are the perfect to any addition breakfast spread or brunch.
If you're looking to complete your breakfast try my Easy Vegan Pancakes next!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick & Easy: It takes just 12 minutes in the air fryer to make these hash browns perfectly crispy and delicious. There are also just three simple ingredients.
- Vegan: This recipe doesn't call for any animal products making it vegan and plant-based.
- Gluten-Free: We don't use any wheat/gluten in this recipe. Make sure that you aren't choosing a frozen hash brown patty that has any sneaky gluten hiding in it.
- No Oven Needed: We need just 2 minutes of preheat time in our air fryer and don't need to heat up an entire oven!
Hash Browns: You can use any type or brand of frozen hash brown patties. Some come pre-seasoned which are extra delicious!
Oil: I used just ½ teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in this recipe. Though it isn't necessary, it helps the hash browns crisp up nicely in the air fryer. It also gives the salt or any seasoning you choose something to help stick to the hash browns.
Salt: I used ¼ teaspoon of salt to season the hash browns. This isn't necessary and I wouldn't recommend adding salt if they are pre-seasoned or pre-salted.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Substitutions & Additions
Oil substitution: You can use avocado oil in place of the olive oil. It has a great neutral flavor and is resistant to high heats.
Spray oil: You can use a spray bottle of oil to lightly coat the hash browns if you prefer. They only need just enough to coat the outside surface.
Add seasonings: If your frozen hash browns come unseasoned you can add any seasonings that you like best. My top recommendations are salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or chili powder.
Use fresh herbs: You can also chop up some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for fresh flavor. Either add them to the patties halfway through cooking or garnish with them at the end of cooking.
Top Tip: Always preheat your air fryer before adding your food to it. It's the same as preheating a traditional oven, it will help your food cook better.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees and gather all of your ingredients.
Step 2: If you're adding the oil and/or salt gently rub both sides of the hash brown patties with the oil and sprinkle the salt on top.
Step 3: Place the hash browns in the air fryer and cook them for a total of 12 minutes. Pause the air fryer halfway through cooking to gently flip the patties then return them to finish cooking.
Step 4: Remove the hash browns from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat the air fryer: Always, always, always preheat the air fryer before cooking your food in it. This helps it cook the full time at the appropriate temperature and will give you better results.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer: We want the hot air to circulate inside the air fryer. In order to make that happen there has to be space between the food.
- Check frequently at the end of cooking: Everyone has a preference for how crispy they want their hash browns to be. I recommend checking every 2 minutes toward the end of cooking and either cut the cook time short or add an extra minute or two to get to your desired level of crispiness.
There are so many ways to enjoy these air fryer frozen hash browns! These are some of my top serving recommendations:
On their own: You can eat these crispy hash browns on their own as a quick breakfast food or a savory snack.
Side dish: Pair them with your favorite breakfast casserole, scramble, or pancakes.
In a breakfast burrito: You can wrap these air fryer hashbrowns up in your favorite breakfast burrito or layer it in a breakfast sandwich.
Dipping sauce recommendations:
- BBQ sauce
- Sweet Thai chili sauce
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
You should cook frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes depending on your preferred level of crispiness.
No, you do not need to defrost your frozen hash browns or hash brown patties before cooking them.
More Vegan Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer
- 2 hash brown patties
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Rub a thin layer of the olive oil on each side of the unseasoned hash brown patties and sprinkle salt on top. If the hash browns are already seasoned you should skip this step.
- Place the hash browns in the pre heated air fryer and cook them at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Pause the air fryer halfway through cooking to flip the patties and resume cooking.
Leave a Comment