These crispy sweet potato fries are cooked to perfection in your air fryer. It takes just 12 minutes and minimal ingredients to make this flavorful side dish or snack!
These air fryer frozen sweet potato fries are the perfect addition to your meal! Whether you're grilling at home or looking for an easy but satisfying snack, they will add delicious flavor and texture to spice things up.
These fries are delicious dipped in my Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
- Vegan: We don't use any dairy, eggs, or meat in this recipe making it plant-based and vegan.
- Quick & Easy: It takes just 12 minutes including prep time to make this easy recipe. When you air fry sweet potato fries frozen vs. fresh you can save so much prep time.
- Minimal Ingredients: This recipe calls for just three ingredients and two of them are optional.
Fries: You can make these any type of air fryer frozen sweet potato fries that you like best! I have some brand suggestions in the section below.
Oil: I love using just a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to make the fries extra crispy. This also gives the salt and other seasonings something to cling to.
Salt: This is an optional ingredient just like the olive oil but will help enhance the flavor of your fries.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and quantities.
Top Tip: Always cook your fries in a single layer. This will allow the heat to properly circulate in the air fryer and will ensure that every fry is cooked evenly.
Substitutions & Additions
Choose your favorite fry: You can use any type of frozen fry you like best.
My top recommendations are making Alexia sweet potato fries in your air fryer, Ore Ida frozen sweet potato fries, or even Trader Joe's frozen sweet potato fries.
Different Fry Shapes: You can make sweet potato fries waffle fries air fryer method using the same instructions.
Add some heat: Sprinkle ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to make your fries nice and spicy.
Extra flavors: You can add any flavors that you like best but adding garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or BBQ seasoning are some of my favorites.
Use olive oil spray: You can swap the classic olive oil for an olive oil spray instead if you want to evenly distribute a smaller amount of olive oil.
This can make the fries extra crispy and will still give the salt and seasonings something to cling to.
Step by Step Instructions
Image One: Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Find your favorite fries and decide if you're going to use any extra or optional ingredients.
Image Two: If you're adding oil and/or seasonings, toss the fries in the oil and seasonings in a bowl until well coated. If you're not using any oil or seasonings you can skip this step.
Image Three: Arrange the fries in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer. Cook in the air fryer for about 10 minutes, removing halfway through cooking to toss then return them to the air fryer.
Check the fries at the 8 & 9 minute mark to ensure you're not overcooking them. Cook time might vary slightly depending on the thickness of your chosen fries. Thicker fries will need slightly longer and thinner fries will take a little less time.
Image Four: Enjoy fresh out of the air fryer with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat the air fryer: By doing this you'll have the crispiest fries!
- Toss halfway through cooking: This helps shake things up so everything cooks evenly.
- Assemble the fries in a single layer: Whenever you're cooking something in your air fryer its important to arrange the food in a single layer. This allows the heat in the air fryer to circulate and cook everything evenly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook frozen sweet potato fries in your air fryer at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Arrange the fries in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket to allow the heat to properly circulate. Pause the air fryer and remove the basket after 5 minutes of cooking to toss the fries before returning to the air fryer to complete cooking.
This can be caused by either overcrowding the air fryer basket or adding too much oil to the fries. I recommend cooking the sweet potato fries in a single layer at the bottom of the basket to allow the air to properly circulate and cook the fries. I also recommend not adding more than 1 teaspoon of oil to the fries.
You might be cooking at too high of a heat and/or cooking the sweet potato fries for too long in your air fryer. To avoid this I recommend cooking the fries at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking and check frequently toward the end of cooking to ensure desired results.
More Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe or any recipe on my website, please consider leaving a star rating or a comment below. I love hearing your feedback!
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 cups Frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 teaspoon olive oil optional
- 1 tsp salt optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Toss 2 cups of sweet potato fries in the olive oil and salt.
- Transfer to the preheated air fryer in a single layer and cook at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Pause the air fryer half way through cooking to toss the fries, then return them to the air fryer to complete cooking.