This buffalo cauliflower sandwich is easy to make and packed with deliciously spicy flavor! I love going out to eat but that has become more and more difficult over the course of the pandemic. This recipe is a great vegan twist of a buffalo chicken sandwich and a great way to increase your vegetable intake and make a vegan-friendly meal.
Grab your favorite vegan ranch and buffalo sauce and let’s get cooking!
This recipe makes two sandwiches.
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 buns
- 1 Tbsp vegan ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional sandwich “toppings”
- Red onion
- Preheat your oven to 350o F.
- Cut the green leaves off your cauliflower, place it stem side on the cutting board and cut down the middle creating two equal halves. Cut a 1-inch section off each of the cauliflower halves creating a “cauliflower steak”. *See bottom of this post for a picture of what I mean. Save your remaining cauliflower for another recipe, check out my Buffalo Cauliflower Salad or Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps for some ideas!
- Mix together the spices with the almond milk and coat both pieces of cauliflower with the mixture.
- Next, coat each piece of cauliflower with your breadcrumbs. Shake off any extra breadcrumbs and then roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Once your cauliflower has finished roasting, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Once it has cooled, toss in your buffalo sauce and return to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Assemble your sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, buffalo cauliflower, and a drizzle of vegan ranch. Enjoy!
*Below is the image of how to cut a cauliflower steak or slab.