Hummus is versatile, nutritious, and delicious. It's the perfectly smooth and creamy companion for your favorite fresh vegetables or pita chips. I love adding a scoop to my power bowls and salads or spreading it onto my sandwiches!
One of the most important ingredients in any hummus is your selection of olive oil. The lemon olive oil I used in this recipe is light and refreshing and adds flavorful notes of citrus. The Little Shop of Olive Oils has in-person and online shops that carry a wide variety of premium olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and other high quality, healthy products.
Grab your olive oil and let's get cooking!
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas (or 1 15oz can)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 medium glove garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon premium extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with an extra drizzle of olive oil and fresh cilantro.