This arugula couscous power bowl is filled with healthy, fresh ingredients. It's a low cost recipe that's easy to make and will keep you feeling satisfied and full long after lunch is over.
After getting back to in-person work and being back in more of a normal routine, I appreciate the ease and healthy comfort of a good power bowl. I prep my greens, grains, and dressings at the beginning of the week and can easily toss together a power bowl for lunch or dinner. You can save your leftovers and use them to meal prep for another meal the following day!
One of the most important things to remember when making any type of grain is not to overcook it. This could lead to a mushy grain or pasta, which is never good! I was recently interviewed in this article about cooking disasters... be careful when cooking your grains or you could end up in the next article! 🙂
Your feedback is important to me! If you try this recipe, please leave a star rating and a review in the comments below. This helps me improve my recipes and helps others find them as well. Thank you!
Arugula Couscous Power Bowl
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup couscous cooked
- ½ cup tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 2 tablespoon dressing
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Mix together all ingredients for your dressing and set aside.
- Wash and spin your arugula and wash your tomatoes. Dice your tomatoes and add to a large serving bowl along with your arugula, sunflower seeds, pepitas, and cooked couscous.
- Add a drizzle of your dressing and enjoy!