Spinach white bean soup is packed with vitamins and minerals and an easy way to work toward your leafy green requirements! I love making a big batch of soup at the beginning of the week to have easy access to quick and healthy dinners (easily double this recipe for more servings).
This soup is thick and creamy and a perfect comfort food to warm up with on a chilly day. Grab your spoons and your spinach and lets get cooking!
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour your extra virgin olive oil to a large pot and turn to medium heat. Add your diced yellow onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Next, add your minced garlic and continue to cook for about one more minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, the peeled and diced potato, well-rinsed cannellini beans, salt, pepper, and cumin and bring to a low boil. Continue to cook on a low boil for about 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat and add your spinach.
- Let cool slightly and use an immersion blender to blend your ingredients until you’ve reached a creamy consistency. If you don’t have an immersion blender, wait until your soup has cooled down quite a bit and add to a regular blender. Be sure to let it vent a little at the top if your soup is still warm!
- Reheat on the stovetop if you’ve let your soup cool, and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: