Spice up your dinner routine with this savory pasta that uses some of summer’s best fresh vegetables!
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta
- 1 handful fresh Swiss chard
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
Wash and dry all produce.
Cook pasta according to packaging instructions, drain and set aside.
Chop your onion, squash, and Swiss chard.
In a large pan, heat your olive oil and then add your onion. Cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
Add your minced garlic, squash, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Continue to cook for approximately 4 more minutes, stirring frequently.
Add your Swiss chard to the pan and cook about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Combine in a large serving dish with the cooked pasta and mix well.
Add cheese and parsley on top and enjoy!