This is a recipe I’ve wanted to make my own for quite a while now. We’ve been loving Mediterranean foods recently and everything tastes so much better with a little tzatziki (it always feels like I’m spelling that wrong but I promise I’m not).
As a note, it makes a huge difference using fresh ingredients in this recipe!
- 2 cups plain flavored Greek yogurt (we personally love the Siggis brand)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 small (or 1 large) cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Wash and dry all produce.
Finely chop your fresh dill.
Finely chop your cucumber and remove excess moisture with a paper towel- removing as much extra liquid here is really important!! For an extra smooth finish, use a cheese grater and grate/shred rather than chop the cucumber (thanks for the tip Olivia!).
Drain extra liquid from your yogurt.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. If you don’t have a smooth consistency, toss everything in the food processor for an extra smooth finish!